Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a wedding I didn't have to shoot...

Photobucket

Ella and Mercedes (pictured above with Jordan's older brother Jason) are the only two grandchildren so far. Mercedes was born just four weeks after Ella. So you'd think that's a recipe for friendship. Well, it is sort of, at least I'm sure it will be in a year or so. But for now, they just view each other as someone their own size that they can pick on. And by pick on, I mean steal headbands, pacifiers, etc. from. I think it's hilarious. Poor grandma. All she wanted was a good picture with her "girls" (and she does deserve it- she raised five boys!). You'll see later what became of that.

These pictures were all taken at Jordan's cousin Jon's wedding. Since Jordan and I dated in high school, Jon and all his friends are my friends too. So we had a great time at this wedding. Especially because I wasn't the photographer!!! I didn't really know what to do at the wedding. Of course I still took pictures, but only the ones I wanted. So nice. Not that I hate shooting weddings, but it is exhausting. Anyway, I thought I'd post my favs from the day, including some family pictures (by request) of us that Grandma Leslie took. Hope you enjoy the randomness of this post. I simply put the pictures in order as they were taken.

(I decided to grab some pictures of the "boys" getting ready because I'm always with the bride...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

(This is as close as they willingly get, but hey, it's a start)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(This picture is significant because it's a picture of Jordan's grandpas who've both been married to the same woman, his grandma Erma. You should hear the Frandsen boy's rendition of "I am my own grandpa". It's simply really, Jordan dad's mom is currently married to Jordan's mom's dad. Well it's fun at least. You just never know how people are going to come together...)

Photobucket

(Ella thought this braclet was pretty much the coolest thing ever)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


(Oh, and did I mention, Jon and Lacey are high school sweethearts as well!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(And here we are; grandma and her two little angels...)

Photobucket

(Read this story from left to right, top to bottom.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Our second and last attempt at a picture of the girls together)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

(something red, fast, and shiny caught Ella's eye)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(It's uncle Kyle!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(and finally a few stolen moments with the happy couple)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
(my worn out angel!)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun being there with Jon and Lacey. Great job with these pictures, a beautiful record of a beautiful day and time. Thanks for being my bestest friend. Lovies,
Jordan