Friday, February 27, 2009

Mommy workshop anyone???



One of my clients has asked that I put on a beginning workshop for all the moms (and future moms) out there who would just like some general photography knowledge/tips for taking better pictures of life, kids in particular. There are about a thousand different topics we could cover, so I wanted to first put it out there and see if there's any interest from the rest of you all, and second, if there is interest, what in particular would you like to know...

PLEASE leave a comment if you think you might attend, or would at least be interested in hearing more details. We'd probably have an indoor lecture/Q&A portion, and then I'd love to go outside and actually practice what we've learned together... So I'm definitely thinking this would all go down when it gets a bit warmer. Anyway, it's up in the air. We've already got about five people so we only need a few more. The workshop would be $50/person and will last around 3 hours if we actually incorporate some hands on shooting.

So again, this is only to see if the interest is there. You are not in anyway absolutely commiting to attend if you leave a comment. If no one comments (I'll probably be sad) but we might hold the workshop anyway with those that my client has rounded up.

And a word about this post's pictures... I snapped them with this workshop in mind. It was totally on the fly. I made up the post-it notes and we ran outside just before sunset. Found a wall and boom, instant mini shoot. This is what I want you to learn and be able to do for your family. And it's funny, I took this not really meaning anything, but now I'm kind of attached to the threesome below. I have credit for a free gallery wrap from Las Vegas... Hmmmmm. It sure would match Ella's room well. This is me warning you now. Photography is an addition, so just know that now before we get workshopping and suddenly your harddrive is full of adorable pictures you simply can't delete...







And one final note. Here's my litte bro (well technically I don't have any little brothers, but definitely younger). He's playing for state tomorrow night at the E Center. I took this just a few hours ago at the game with my little mom camera. Don't you love the cheesy photoshopping... Go Bears!!!

5 comments:

Photo By Emilie said...

Great idea!!!!!

Janelle said...

Well, I don't live in or anywhere even near Utah, so I can't do your workshop, but if I did, I would definitely be interested. I just wanted to make sure you had at least one comment so you wouldn't be sad.

Brooke Monk said...

Hey Liz! Oh my goodness would I love something like that-I hope it's not just for photographers. If it worked out with my schedule to be able to go down I'd be all for it!

Laura said...

Hey could we do that post it note thing for me and nick haha i can just see it. his would say.. I have big muscles under here. and mine would say.. I am so vain, please take more pictures of me haha anyway that third one of Ella is super cute.. Love y'all

Anonymous said...

What about aunts???

I think that you should do one photography workshop and one photoshop workshop. Your photoshop skills are definitely top notch!