Monday, February 23, 2009

update



Well, I survived Vegas. I heard one lecture in particular that was completely inspiring and I can't even begin to talk about all the wonderful changes that will be happening for my business. The one hour flight home was divine (in comparison to our UT-CT trips) And I was even greeted at the airport with a big smile and hug from Ella (which I was way not expecting. Last time I left her I got the silent treatment upon arriving home). Saturday afternoon I shot an awesome Femininity bridal session. (Which I am not allowed to post until after the wedding, hence the lovely shot of a tree branch above). Saturday evening we hung out with a CT friend who now lives in UT (YEAH!!!) and had a great time. She brought peach pie. (I normally don't eat fruit pies) But I finally decided to give it a fair shot and what do you know, I enjoyed it. So life was wonderful (and pretty much still is) except for the little big fact that Ella managed to pick up an awful cold from her Aunt Olivia, so today was basically crap for her and for me starting with our completely sleepless night. I don't know. But I just really wonder if there's anything worse in life than a sick toddler...

And so not to end on a bad note, tonight I met with some awesome clients and now have my second May wedding to look forward to! I point that out because I'm 98.5% sure I'm going to be limiting my bookings to two weddings per month max. I want this so my wonderful clients will get the TLC they deserve, as well as my family. I think sometimes I try to be superwoman by doing too much. But Vegas taught me that the secret to superwoman is doing less, or rather, just the right amount. So that's where my business is heading. I haven't thought it all through yet, but look for some big announcements in the future... and know that "just the right amount" will apply to my portrait bookings as well. So if you were picturing portraits in spring blossoms, I suggest getting those session booked ASAP. For better or worse, my spring schedule is getting quite full...

Anyhow, I leave you with one more peak from Kara's bridals. (Hopefully she won't mind because you absoutely can't tell what her dress looks like, just that she looks fabulous in it...) Check back this weekend for a session with the winners of my "v-day giveaway"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes innovation is not to expand but to simplify. That's my new approach to everything including Sassafrass. Sounds like you got the same idea at this conference. Simplicity feels good!