Wednesday, March 11, 2009

i think i'm in love!!!



Jenn, Ella & I went on a big adventure today, bigger than planned anyway. We were going to shoot around my neighborhood so I could just keep Ella close in the stroller, but then we bagged that plan and decided to head to see the Mt. Timpanogos temple where I'm shooting a wedding this Saturday. I've never actually been around the grounds and wanted to scout it out. Well, we did make it to the temple, but only for a few peaks. Before that we got distracted...

To make a long story short, we ended up at "Spanky's" for a bite to eat and ran into the owner of that who suggested we check out his "other" fine establishment of vintage cars. We owe Gary a HUGE thanks because I love how our shoot turned out. I forced myself today to shoot in the sun, at least partially. Of course I have before, but I prefer open shade if at all possible. So today we expirimented not only with my new camera, but with some new lighting situations.

And so as you scroll down you'll see the same picture as above. But of course if you look closely you'll notice slight differences, but only slight. I wondered if I gave the impression a few posts ago that all professional photographers, myself included, are actually just average photo takers with extra special photoshop tricks. So this post is to hopefully correct that idea. You'll see two versions of three images from today. The first "touched up" the second "SOC" (straight out of camera). Can I just say how much I love my new camera...











And here's our shout out to Spanky's (home of AMAZING hashbrowns) with more to come from inside. Doesn't Gary rock for letting us shoot in the restaurant...



And then of course the token shots of Ella + bunny, dirty as can be. This one below was taken inside Gary's "garage". When we arrived at the scene we could only wish to get indoors and take a peak. So of course we were delighted when Gary surprised us with a visit on his way home and offered us a quick peak inside. Quick it was, but Ella still managed to find the only toy in there, (at least the only little girl toy) a vintage dolly.



So that discovery and many more pictures from today will have to come at a later date and time. My husband is claiming "homework" to monopolize the computer for the evening. So I'll leave you with Ella & Jenn, my partners in crime.

No comments: