Thursday, January 8, 2009

I shared my V Chocolates





I was working on Ella's year album. I've taken her pictures every month since she was born. Some months are better than others. But the book is really coming together. Anyway, I'm working along, in my design element, when I realize that Ella has just pressed the blue power button of death. Now, this happens fairly often, and since we have windows vista it usually asks you if you really want to shut the computer down. But I accidently hit yes in the process of trying to hit that yes I wanted to save what I was working on in photoshop. Needless to say, I was rather frustrated when the computer shut down without further discussion. And I couldn't bring myself to start over again because I was "supposed" to be doing "something new".

You see, I made myself a schedule to force myself to take breaks from work. I just really love work (at least designing). Isn't that weird. So today, after lunch, I had "something new" time scheduled (This is mostly to benefit Jordan. Would you want to talk about photography in every conversation?) Well, so far I've done nothing. Does that count? I never do nothing. And then I shared a V chocolate with Ella. That's new. And so I just had to take a picture of her chocolate smile, and then I had to post it, and so now I'm here kinda working, not really doing something new, but I blame Ella. Why? I don't know. She's just a good scapegoat.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw up some pictures from the jazz game last night while I'm at it (Who would've guessed Ella would happily sit through the entire game. We won 116 to 90.) It was nice to take my mom camera along. So small. Exposes well in low light. Just lovely. And since this is somewhat of a professional blog, I thought I'd share Ella's one and two month pages from her album. I bought some new design templates from SP Designs. I can't bring myself to use them exactly as is, but I like all the new graphics I have to work with as I mix them up and make them mine. Usually when I design an album I pick one or two textures/patterns and a few brushes to use throughout, giving it a consistent feel. But I decided since her shoots are all so random, that each month will have its own theme and feel to match that particular shoot. What do you think? And while you're answering that question, what should I do next Thursday that will really count as something new? Any ideas...











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These 4 pages are absolutely beautiful. What a lucky little girl. I have been meaning to do my little boys book for months now...he is 16 months old and I have hardly even started.

jp said...

Liz, For your "something new" you could come up and learn to make placemat purses with me. I got one for Christmas, super cute so me and mom are going to make some. They are the perfect size for scripture totes. Or you could make some tulle tutu's. Just a thought.
Jerrica