Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pink Rain



After a while you start to run out names for all the "folders" of pictures you've taken. When Ella was first born I just put a date on the folders. But then I realized I never knew what was in those. So now I try and be a bit creative when naming our "family" photo sessions... Today's, "Pink Rain". We got all dressed up matching, had a bag of outfit changes and props, only to walk out the door and realize that our perfectly overcast picture taking sky and turned to a perfect rain storm. So, we parked Jordan with the camera under cover of our apartment car port, and Ella and I gave it our best shot for a few minutes. Sooner than later she was wet, muddy and done. But Jordan still grabbed some cute ones. And with a touch of Photoshop, they're all ready for you. We make a great team. And I'm so glad he's willing to put up with my high demands and expectations when it comes to shoots that I can't be behind the camera. I want Ella to know that she really did have a mom around. If you look at the pictures from her first year, you'd swear I'm an absentee. So enjoy our pink rain fun, as well as a few from last weekends car show outing, and this Thursday's attempt at "something new", knitting. As you can see, I made a wise decision when choosing photography as a career... If I had to make it on etsy with a knit shop I'd be doomed.

































I feel like this picture pretty much sums up how Ella feels about life...



And here's a complete family picture. Can you find us all?



Jordan requested a pair of socks. I figure this might cover at least a toe...

1 comment:

Richard & Analeis said...

I sometimes wish rain was pink. Cute caption. AND!!! Adorable photos! I hope Lyla is just a perfectly cute as little Ella. My favorite is the one of Ella behind the car wheel. SO, SO, SO CUTE.