Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a big week for us...



Laura's big day finally came yesterday and we couldn't be happier for her. Expect a huge blog post in the next few weeks for that event. She was blissfully radiant, honestly more beautiful than I've ever seen her. And now she's honeymooning in Lava Hot Springs, without the internet, so I won't be posting anymore from her wedding until she returns. But I had to throw up these two to get us all excited for more.



And then to clarify my last post, I thought I'd update you all on our big announcement. We bought a house! Well...pending a good inspection that is.



Our house was built in 1912 so you never know what could be hiding in the foundation, etc. But we're WAY excited about all of this. We made an offer on Saturday, and then found out Sunday morning by way of a text message that our offer had been excepted.



Best Mother's Day yet. (Though this is only my second). Here's a few shots of the inside, and our big backyard (yes, it needs a little work, but the potential is there). Ella will now have a quarter acre lot to strech her legs with. That was the selling point for me for sure! And then we had to see how she fit on the kitchen counter, her favorite place to be...







And Mother's Day was special this year not just from the house, but also because I have the sweetest husband ever. He and Ella picked out a baseball mit for me. I know that's random. But I loved it. He's good to remember little comments I make, like "I always used to love to play catch and softball with my family. I wish we did that more". They also picked out my favorite treats, powedered donuts and marshmellow popcorn. Yum. And then on the way to church my husband slyly asked if I'd checked the mail yesterday, which slipping me the mailbox key. I opend the box not thinking anything, and there was a third surprise: a good mom/wife/business woman report card. Ya. I know that sounds silly. But last year Jordan made one of these for me a few months after I had Ella. (If you know me well, this will all make sense.) But I thrived in college and high school because I was always getting "grades" and feedback from my teachers letting me know how I was doing. And yes, I was one of those girls who always had to have perfect grades. But it's just me. And I love that Jordan understands. His positive feedback and encouragement mean the world to me. Here's a shot of us dancing from last night to our wedding song "Far Away" by Nickleback.



We had our reception at the same place as Laura almost three years ago, May 20 to be exact. I feel so blessed to have so many people that I love close by. We really missed our families when we lived back East. It's so good to be home!!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow, congrats on the new house! That is a huge yard! Where did you find that?? I love the floors too. I see a lot of potential in that house, have fun! :)

David and Amy said...

Congratulations on your house! It looks awesome...I can't wait to see what you do with the yard!

Jenna said...

Confirmation through text message is awesome! Who was the photographer for the wedding? I assume it wasn't you and that you had other things to do.

Karen said...

That's so exciting that you're getting a house! I really love looking at your blog Liz! You've really become the most amazing and accomplished photographer and artist Liz. I brag about you a lot and how much better you're work is than pretty much everything else I see.

Jaci said...

the report card is the perfect thing for you! :) You are so cute.
Congrats on the house! Let the fun begin!