Friday, May 8, 2009

the secret life of fairies



It rained on and off during this session, but I loved that it didn't put too much of a damper on this energetic family. Ya, we got a bit muddy. But that just added to the "life" in these pictures. I have to give mom and dad props for holding down this household, the fairies and all. These kids are totally sweet. And I'm so glad Colleen & Pete were able to slip away for a "couple" session as part two of our shoot. Those are some of my new favorites. I love to see the contrast between newly engaged couples and couples in the heat of raising a young family. The love is still there, it's just more refined and realistic. These two have a fun humor that exists between them. I think laughter is one of the most important strategies to a happy marriage. At least I love that Jordan keeps me smiling with his sense of humor. Here's to the crazy lives of young families and all the fairies that go with them.















































And then there were two...











































3 comments:

Jenna said...

I absolutely adore the one with the reflection of their heads in the puddle. What a fantastic eye you have to see that chance and make it come alive. I also love the one of the oldest daughter jumping over a puddle. Your family shoots are beautiful.

Colleen said...

Liz, I am just blown away. These are so beautiful! I can't believe what great shots you were able to capture of our crazy kids! They look so good! How am I ever going to choose a my favorite?! We had so much fun, and I just love how these turned out. Thank you so much!

Avarie, Reid and their parents said...

These look great liz. It is great to see what you have been up too. I talked to jordan's mom the other day. good luck with grad school at the U for Jordan and the house for you.
Kelli Christensen McArthur