Monday, December 15, 2008

love + family = paradise | PART ONE



This was hands down one of the best weddings I've ever shot/been to. It truly was about creating a family. Dustin and Emily met a couple of years ago, introduced through a mutal friend, and they haven't been seperated since. Emily's youngest of three, Millie, is so smart & adorable, but she's also deaf. This however, hinders her not at all. Rather it's the rest of us who don't know how to sign that are left wanting. I so wished that I could communicate with her. And so it's no surprise to me that Dustin, upon meeting Emily and her family, immediately set to work on learning sign language. And now what they have is one awesome famliy connection where they all share the same secret it seems: happiness.

I had such a great time spending my short vacation at Laguna Beach with these guys. We went to dinner Tuesday night, where I really got to know everyone. I definitely didn't follow every bit of conversation, BUT I had such a fun time and the pasta was yummy! So I was super excited for Wednesday's event, THE wedding. I met up with them at their ocean view room and we got a few pics on the beach before we headed to see the reverand and his secret spot on the sand.

It was so blasted bright all day, but in the end, it made for a vivid blue sky and brightly colored images. I thought for sure there was no way my exposures were going to be okay, but I lucked out. I just purchased a new lens that I should've invested in 50 years ago. I can't believe what I difference in image quality it makes. I'm so glad I had it on my side for this all day affair.

After the intimate ceremony, family only + me and the man with the authority, we spent the rest of the day in picture heaven. Emily is a photographer herself so poor Dustin had to answer to the demands of TWO photographers, but he did so well. And so did the kids. We went around town and then ended up back on the beach by our hotel just before I had to catch my plane and fly away. I left everyone having fun at the pool. And then thought about how lucky I was to have my own happy family all the way home. There just isn't anything to compare to a day surrounded by those you love. Emily and Dustin cut out all the wedding fluff and as a result, had one of the most beautiful and sincere wedding days to remember. I only hope my pictures do the day justice.

So with that said, on to the fun part. There will be two posts to cover this fantastic picture event. I tried to hard to narrow it down, but still, I edited 100 pictures for you all to see! I hope you enjoy and that it was worth the wait.












































































6 comments:

Erin said...

Very much worth the wait. Beautiful.

Photo By Emilie said...

Jeepers Liz!! Those are gorgeous!! Amazing work once again.

Anonymous said...

These are amazing!! What kind of new lens did you get that you should have bought 50 years ago?

eliza said...

I bought a 2.8 24-70mm Nikkor lens, an actual professional grade lens... I got so sick of my shots being ruined because of my lens' inadequacies.

Jill said...

Wow gorgeous pictures Liz! That looks like a fun (and beautiful) wedding to shoot. And I'm so happy that you got to take Alicia and Luke's pictures. They are a great couple. Have a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

i can't stop looking at these photos!! i saw them for the first time back when they were brand new. Emily is my Sign Language teacher so she told me all about the wedding. i couldn't stop smiling. I even made the matching bracelets for her and Millie. these pictures are truely, truely amazing. :)