Friday, June 26, 2009

Ella



Today is Ella's half-birthday. I know. Who cares right? Her photography loving mother...who think it's a tradgedy that Ella's real birthday is in the middle of winter when it's never a great time for a photo shoot, not to mention the day after Christmas when life is just plain hectic. SO Ella will be getting her yearly "birthday" shoot each June. As many of you know, I shot Ella once a month for the first year of her life. And while she's still changing quickly, it's just not that quickly. So the last time I did a "real" shoot of her was six months ago. It's crazy how she's grown since then. This little girl has a mind of her own, and a personality to go with it. She doesn't speak English as of yet, but she definitely speaks. It's all in the face... And in true fashion, Ella's rarely looking at me and there's a ton of images for you to go through. But this little girl is my whole world (at least until her dad gets home). Happy June birthday my baby girl.



























































































































When she reaches for me and my camera with this face it means, "
Mommy, I'm done".

5 comments:

Britt said...

Just precious!!

Alicia Polevoi said...

Liz,

You are an amazing photographer and an amazing writer. Ella, of course, is an adventure princess! It was a pleasure viewing your pics. Congratulations on the purchase of your first home! Thank you for letting Mike and me share the experience with you!

Alicia Polevoi

Jess said...

I LOVE all of the work I've seen on your blog. I was wondering how you get such amazing clarity...what kind of lense do you use? Do you use mostly natural light?

Analeis said...

Oh. My. HECK.
Your child makes me smile. And I needed a smile this afternoon. She is beautiful and you sure captured her well with these wonderful pictures. Lyla's 4 month birthday is next month if you're not busy... ;)

eliza said...

Jessica,

I only use a flash at wedding receptions when I absolutely have to. But for all my portraits, I only use natural light. I shoot with a Nikon D700 and three Nikon lenses, 28-70 2.8, 50 1.4, 105 2.8.