Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Calvin Caldwell Taylor



Even though I was exhausted after a day of happiness and family + shooting, I still stayed up til 1:30 am just playing/editing these. I love them! Probably because I love the people in them. But I also think I did get a few shots that are just plain good regardless of my relationship to the subjects...And I say that simply to remind myself that I am improving and I feel like with my new equipment, hopefully taking my game up a notch. That's always the goal in life right?

My brother has certainly stepped up his game by finding his other half. They definitely compliment each other in a way that makes them both better off than before. My brother has returned to the 10 year old that I used to love. And by that I simply mean, he's really himself. He's figured out what he wants from life and how he's going to get it. And it's something I can relate to. Though, yesterday at Lagoon I felt a bit old watching my two newlywed siblings run around looking gorgeous in their freshly tanned wedding bodies and way cute swimsuits... Not that I didn't love every minute of Ella's lagoon adventures. But there was a part of me wishing Jordan had been there, and we could've run with the best of them, minus the parental duties. But I'm sure within the next few years, we'll all be on equal playing ground. And I can't wait to see what beautiful combinations result from these recent unions...

Okay, well this post is getting a bit off subject. And I know at least Nick & Laura are absolutely not ready to add grandchild number two to the list, so I better stop. But bottom line is, Cal & Jocilyn's wedding day was so sweet and gorgeous, and I simply couldn't stand to let another photographer capture these images. So I'm grateful I was able to be a part of this wedding in the best way I know how... Enjoy the pictures!





















































And now for some gorgeous details taken at The Castle in Layton...

















They're introduced as Mr. & Mrs. Calvin Caldwell Taylor...





























Meanwhile...there's a party going on















(Random sidenote to embarass my other little bro: Let's just say that there must be something to those timeless wedding traditions. I'm not announcing anything, they are still in high school, but the word on the street is that a certain garter & a certain bouquet catcher went out on a lovely date yesterday...how cute is that!)



And now to finish it off...a few more portraits.













No comments: