Monday, November 10, 2008

THE album



It's here...my new favorite sample album, femininity style! I wish I could post a touch and feel sample of the cover because it's so cool. The white strip is a patent leather, and the other is as bumpy as it looks. I love the two together. I so wish I had one of these with me in my prom dress... Ella liked it too. I let her look at it long enough to grab a few shots. Now it's off limits, and she's pretty good about it. I thought it would be fun to shoot these shots using one of the dresses she wore in the book as a backdrop. What do you think?

































And now for those of you who are interested in seeing all the spreads, here's a little show for you!



Don't strain your eyes figuring out the "story". Here's the words to the poem my sister wrote that this album features, (she originally surprised me by leaving it as a comment on my blog way back when). My sister's of course the beauty this book features. And this is the poem that inspired my "project femininity" to begin with. I realized the power a photograph can have and now I've never turned back...


In the mirror I am self-conscious..
Through your lens I feel beautiful.
In the mirror I am awkward..
Through your lens I feel unique.
In the mirror I am afraid..
Through your lens I feel strong.
In the mirror I am dull..
Through your lens I feel vibrant.
In the mirror I am insecure..
Through your lens I feel empowered.
In the mirror I am your sister..
Through your lens and forever I will be your friend.


Click HERE to see the post she left it on.

And finally, I didn't put these in the album because I didn't feel like they went with the flow of things, but I had to post them...



1 comment:

Photo By Emilie said...

I can not wait to touch and feel that album!! Gorgeous work as usual!!