Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Halloween



We had such a great time hanging out with our families this weekend. Jordan got off work early on Friday and then we headed up to the Deweyville town trunk-or-treat. Ella had a great time wandering around with my little sister Olivia. They're totally pals. It was fun to watch her walking because her wings (she was a pumpkin fairy) were way too big for her to balance correctly in. My two youngest brothers played the system and went around the town's trunk-or-treat and another one taking place at the church house next door twice each. They have SO much candy. I loved getting to go door-to-door growing up, but I know this way is much easier for the parents. Especially in my little town of Deweyville, the houses are spread far enough apart you can't just walk from house to house easily. After the trunk-or-treat we headed over to Jordan's parent's house so Jordan could go trick-or-treating with his little brother Dillon. (He's ten years younger than his closest sibling, so he sometimes feels like an only child...). Ella's only cousin Mercedes was at Grandma Frandsen's so the girls were able to play together (sort of). Really they more like just crawl on one another and steal each others toys or candy. And they used to be about the same size, but in the same 3-month period Ella gained 4 pounds and Mercedes 4 ounces. So as you can imagine, the fight isn't so fair anymore, especially now that Ella walks all over the place. But like always, we tried to get a good picture of them together and with Grandma. I see improvement...

Anyway, on with our post before Halloween becomes too outdated.


Grandma and Grandpa Taylor + aunt Olivia and Ella... don't they look young enough these could be their only two kids.



I found these horns for 2 bucks at the store and decided to call it a costume.





I thought my mom did an awesome job on Olivia's outfit and makeup.



Ella didn't mind Jordan's costume, but Mercedes didn't even like the mask when it was sitting on the table all by its lonesome self...



I wonder what she's thinking here?








Some little kids were scared to get candy from our trunk becaues of Jordan and his little helper fairy...










I always love my family's pumpkins because they find fun templates on the internet, so they always turn out tops!






And I just love to see these two and how they interact together...







It's especially funny to me with Livi carries Ella anywhere. She's totally half her size.






Daniel out robbing the candyless...





I think my mother-in-law looks so pretty in this shot.


It's fun that my family and Jordan's live nearby and are friends. Dillon and Livi play together pretty well sometimes...


Mercedes had wings too, but she pulled them off before I saw her.











Okay, we're done the girls decided.



And since I only posted one but took so many, here's a few more shots of Ella's first pumpkin carving...























Jordan got her cleaned up, hair combed and everything afterwards...









Okay. I'm offically done with October. Too bad it's already Nov. 3. Sometimes I feel like I can never catch up, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel this month. My shooting schedule is pretty much wide open. So if you want to get in a last minute session before Christmas, there's still time to get you on the schedule. And right now I'm giving a free brag book with every session (100.00 value), so you can't beat that. Sessions are $125.00. Email me if you're interested.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

These are great pictures to capture your halloween celebrations. I can't believe that Ella is walking!