Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Laura & Maggie



I'll admit I was way out of my comfort zone for most of this shoot. Because of the rain, we were forced to shoot indoors in some less than ideal lighting situations. I don't mind indoor sessions when there's beautiful sunshine streaming in through the windows. But this obviously wasn't the case yesterday. As we left the Joseph Smith Memorial Building I told Laura it was weird shooting in the same location with a bunch of other photographers. My goal is to always find somewhere no one else is at. But Laura laughed and said that for once in my life I'd just have to endure being cliche. But I've actually never shot bridals at the JSMB so in theory I suppose it wasn't cliche for me. Anyhow, I know no one really cares about all this. So on to our rainy day bridals. I edited the indoor shots differently than normal, but I thought it fit the mood. Check back this summer and I'm sure there will be a round two of Laura and her Maggie Sottoro wonder somewhere exotic (when we don't have to worry about getting the dress dirty!) Love you sis.

(Sidenote for my mom, yes, there are more pictures of her smiling, but I love her serious face)

(Sidenote for everyone else wondering when you'll get to see someone other than my sister...Friday I have a senior session with twin sisters, and then Saturday a bridal shoot with the gorgeous Chelsea. But... next week, we're back to my siblings. Only you get to see my dashing brother and his finacee first for their engagements, then we're back to Laura & Nick for a groomal session. Really you should just pity my mom who has two weddings in two months.)











































































3 comments:

Colleen said...

I love bridals! You did a beautiful job even with the wind and rain and being forced indoors. I would love to go shoot with you sometime!

The Jordan said...

More indoor shots than ever and you didn't even miss a beat! Even your shots with the flash look so natural, great job, indoor lighting will become your friend.
She's beautiful and so happy in that dress, it is so her.

Jill said...

I wore a Maggie dress at my wedding! Her gown is gorgeous and I love the photographs. I wish I knew you when I had bridals done! What a lucky sister.