Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the tutu book



Did I ever mention that I love my clients. Especially when they send me emails like this one I got today: "Your new camera is da bomb! (the New Yorker in me). I mean you know how to handle it but you can definitely tell the difference in quality. Keep it up! You should try a facebook page, I'd defintely be a fan. Take care and hope the Ella's doing well." It's so nice to hear that the thousands of dollars I've dropped lately to actually invest in Pro grade equipment is appreciated by someone other than me. I have already professed my love for my new camera, but it keeps getting better.

Today I got another new lens that has macro capabilities and I think the below pictures speak for themselves. I tested the lens out on the new little book I picked up at the "What a Woman Wants" tradeshow this weekend. One of my clients had a booth and I had no idea she was so talented. I bought this mini little scrapbook, all ready put together (minus the actual pictures), to display a series of pictures I started today, "Ella in her tutu". I had plans for just one perfect shoot with the tutu, but have now come to the conclusion, it may take several attempts to get enough shots that I love and want to add to this books pages. I think I got one, possibly two that are keepers from today's shoot. I love the top images, her walking away, and then one lower down where she's actually looking at me. The only conclusion I can come to as to why this happened is that she must've noticed her reflection in the lens...

Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to my past and present clients for being so wonderful. Colby, the beautiful book maker, also sells little diva bows and headbands (Ella's wearing one with her tutu). Click here to contact her and get your own tutu book. They're definitely one of a kind.

And thanks again to Miss New Yorker and her workin' pals for the support.

Sidenote for any photographers wondering the technical details: the new lens is a Nikon 105 mm 2.8. I recently returned the 70-200 2.8 VR because it weighed more than me. After five minutes of test shooting on Jordan my love affair with it ended. There's no way I want to haul that thing around at a wedding. And I'm way not a tripod girl, so it was out. It was definitely a disappointing purchase, but I'm excited to test out this new lens tonight. I have a shoot in 20 minutes, so wish me luck!)













They had a free photo booth at the show...so fun!











1 comment:

Michelle said...

I found your blog after entering the MCP Actions contest for the Gallery Wrap Canvas. I just wanted to let you know I think all of your photos are amazing and really capture the energy of each and every moment.