Wednesday, October 22, 2008

15 minutes ago

Photobucket

My friend called me this morning to run on a quick shopping trip. And can you believe I told her no and that I had too much work to do. (that, and Ella was sleeping). So when she called again and offered lunch, I decided I needed to get out and that taking a small break wouldn't really make a difference. On the way over Ella and I stopped and played in some beautiful red maple leaves. She loved it. I tried to take a picture with my phone but it was too bright to get any kind of decent exposure. Well, after lunch my friend offered to give me a few minutes of uninterupted work time and she'd play with Ella. A productive hour later, I went back to get Ella, only this time grabbed my camera. But of course, when I tried to get her to play in the leaves now that I had a real camera, she just cried and said in the saddest voice, "ma,ma". I'm sure she was wondering why I was ingnoring the fact that she was hungry and tired and had no desire to play in the leaves anymore. So alas, I don't even have one good picture from the excursion to post. There was this random shopping cart in front of our apartment building which we used as a stroller. So on the way home I snagged a few pics of her in it. Don't you love this face: "mom, you're so silly and I still don't know why you're taking pictures of me when I told you I didn't want to." Poor Ella. But she's so adorable in her little bear jacket I just couldn't help myself. Anyhow, back to work. But I just thought I would say to all the other photographers out there stuck behind their computer screen editing, it's so beautiful outside! So take your daughter out and play in the leaves. And enjoy the moment while it lasts because you can't recreate it, even if you try.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mad cute. Take her out later, she hates the apartment anyway and it will still be beautful, at least you will have no problem making it look that way. Great capture of her expressions!

Blognomymous said...

Wait...She 'SAID, in the saddest voice...'

She says now? Wow. I love that girl.

Her parents are bad either.