Saturday, October 25, 2008

the Crockett's

Photobucket

I decided I'd put up the Crocket's pictures today as well. They're been so patiently waiting and it's always tough when I do two sessions in one day to get caught up blogging. And last Saturday (I shot the Taylor's and Crockett's) I noticed really how different each session I shoot is. Even just the difference in families is huge (not just these two, but all). The biggest factor is the ages of kids. Most 2-year-olds hate the camera. The Crockett's youngest, Spencer is 6, so I knew I was safe there. And Spencer had a great time with us. So then my next worry was the house of teenage boys. Let's be honest. Getting their picture taken isn't at the top of a guys list of things to do, especially teenagers. So I was very pleasently suprised at how much fun these guys had with me. I love how you can tell the personality of each son. But I can see that Marin and Cheryl have their work cut out keeping enough estrogen in the house to run things smoothly... However, they have things under control. Cheryl showed me some of her ideas for their house (that they're remodeling/redecorating). I would love to see, especially, the boys rooms when they're finished. They all have their own exotic theme. And the bathroom downstairs is full of funky fun finishes... Props to mom for making such a fun environment for her family to live in. It shows in these pictures that everyone really does love each other, even if the boys have their own way of expressing it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My husband asked me why Kimball (on the right) is getting abducted by aliens in this picture...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just have to tell you how much I love this shot, the sun flare and everything.

Photobucket

And on that note, allow me to interupt this reguarly scheduled blog post for a thought I'm always having when shooting families:

Whenever I try to get some images of the parents alone, on the romantic side,without fail they almost all remark they haven't had pictures like that taken since their wedding day... If you'd say this too, I just have to tell you right now you need to schedule a shoot, just the two of you, for your next anniversary, birthday, valentine's day, or whatever. It's so great to have pictures of you as a couple at any age. And wouldn't it be sad if you reached your 50th wedding anniversary and the only great pictures you have to display of the two of you are from your wedding day. Seriously. Treat yourselves to some togetherness. You won't regret it. Leave the kids behind and remember how fun it was to be engaged. Chances are those spicy poses will come a bit more naturally this time around. And your love should be celebrated. I have three big pictures in my living room on display of Jordan and I together, just having fun, after we're married. I LOVE them. I love that they're just about us. Not about getting engaged, or married, or anything else. Just celebrating that we're best friends, and in love too! Just think about it okay... And if you need a great stocking stuffer or present this upcoming holiday season, you know who to contact to get the perfect gift card (ME!). Trust me, you really don't need any more perfume or candy in your house on Christmas day. Give the gift that you can't just buy in a store. (Or TELL your husband what you'd really like, a session of the two of you, because that's really what men want for Christmas, just to be told what to get you. He'll resist the idea, because men also don't like their picture taken, but I SWEAR to you, he'll have fun. Just tell him he gets to kiss you and you'll kiss him back and it should be a done deal.)

All right. Enough of that soap box. Back to our reguarly scheduled program, the Crockett's...

Here's Marin! She puts up with all brothers every day...

Photobucket

And as you can see, they're a crazy (in a good way) bunch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They all got new bikes recently. What a fun family activity to do together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the black and white one on the metal pipes. It seems to capture the happiness of the whole family.
And the one on the bikes, all headed in separate directions is way cool! I've never seen a picture like that and it is really dynamic.
I hope Kimball had fun with those pink aliens...
Your fan,
Jordan