Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the chosen ones



Check out the fun I'm going to have shooting these two! Thank you for all of you who volunteered for my Black Tie Affair session. Unfortunately, there's no way I can fit you all into my schedule. And seeing all your pictures didn't help narrow it down much either. So I had to go with those first in line. Jessica was the first to respond to my call for models, and she herself is a photographer/artist. So I can't wait to see what the two of us can come up with when we put our thinking caps on for this shoot.

(Jessica, I will be in touch by email later next week, so let the perfect gown hunt begin...)

This week I'm attending a workshop by a fellow Utah photographer, Julie Parker. And will then be spending some time up North with my moms. So no sessions this week (except I'll probably end up shooting my little sister Livi who is currently missing her two front teeth...how can I resist that) but next week I will be shooting Jordan's bridals, and hopefully be getting my own family pictures taken. SO excited for that!

And on a random note, I think I want to make a few changes with my blog, namely I need to narrow it down. I've been posting WAY too many pictures per session. I have the hardest time narrowing it down, but I spend too many hours editing. So I'm hoping to pick up some tips at this workshop that will help me become not just a better photographer, but also a better photo editor. Hopefully this will just mean improved blog viewing for all of you. So anyway, I thought I'd publically post that because it will help me stick to it! Have a great week you all.

And congrats again to Jessica & Husband. Can't wait to meet you two!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yay!!! I can't wait! Thanks so much! I am so excited!

Anonymous said...

Wait until you see these two in person... They are GORGEOUS!